Thursday, August 27, 2009

TV Situation - Update

"So close, but no cigar!"
- Not Bill Clinton

I posted my entertainment unit on usedottawa.com last night, and within minutes had a message from an Asian guy "Bill" wanting to pick it up from me tonight. Sweet deal I thought, I could finally rid myself of the monstrosity, and get myself a new tv. I've had my eye on this 50 inch LCD at Future Shop, but my brother accurately pointed out that 50 inches might be too big for my condo given how close my seating is to my tv.

But I digress...so Bill comes a couple minutes late tonight, and he's 5'1ish, but at least he had a trolley. He comes up to my unit, I put the entertainment unit on his trolley....and then he says "Hmmm, I think this is too big to fit in my car".

Seriously, you brought a car to pick up a 5 foot by 4 foot entertainment unit? OMG...of course it won't fit in your car. I had the dimensions posted on usedottawa, and assumed anyone interested would have a truck to pick up the unit. Why do I give people too much credit for knowing how big 5 feet by 4 feet is?

Anyway, I'm going to pay my 'junk' guy to lug it away this weekend. I really want a new tv, and need to get rid of the clunky, old, monstrosity of an entertainment unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment