"You'll have to excuse me, I'm not at my best
I've been gone for a month, I've been drunk since I left.
These so-called vacations will soon be my death
I'm so sick from the drink, I need home for a rest."
Spirit of the West - Home for a Rest
I've been lucky enough this summer to get invited out to a friend's cottage for three or four weekends. Having arrived home a couple of hours ago, I'm feeling a bit like I need another day of weekend to recover :P
This past weekend was simply wonderful. The hot and humid weather made it ideal for swimming, and lounging lakeside on comfortable chairs. The lake water was like a bath tub, which made exented stays in it tempting. I ended up getting quite a bit of sun since my sunscreen doesn't seem to be waterproof, and I was submerged for 3 or 4 hours over the course of two days. One of the best times was when one friend threw a....circular implement...while I dove off a dock 20 meters away, and the other friend caught the action on her digital camera. Of course her aunt and uncle got a kick out of watching grown men and women amuse themselves with the....circular implement...for over an hour.
The company conisted of the cottage proprietor friend, and another good friend through (everything but...) sports. Cottaging is a bit strange, in that the mix of people tends to make or break the weekend. Needless to say, the conversation flowed nicely, and any moments of silence were welcomes by all three of us.
The food was also exceptional. Having five years of fast-food experience, I usually offer to grill whatever meat is on the menu. Last night for supper, I grilled hot italian sausages (to perfection!), followed by bacon this morning (in the frying pan), and hamburgers for supper (supplemented with jerk BBQ sauce). My male friend made this amazing asparagus and green onion mixture to go with the sausages, and then cooked my egg just the way I like it this morning.
It's always tough to transition back to work mode after a weekend at the cottage, but here's hoping I can improve with practice ;-)
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"circular implement". Hummmph! :P
ReplyDelete