If this entry doesn't make much sense, I'm trying to squeeze it in before heading to bed after an exhausting day. Plus, if you come to my blog to logical entries, I question your sanity.
Today started with a cab ride to Brussels Midi train station. Actually, back that up, today actually started with a chocolate croissant and a smoothie (with 5 servings of fruit). We took a 3 hour train ride to the Frankfurt airport where we had a 1 hour meeting. The ride to Frankfurt was interesting, as there was so much gorgeous scenery as we moved from Belgium to Germany, and most of the way across that country.
The Frankfurt airport is a massive structure. I counted 8 terminals, 2 train terminals, and a conference center (where we had our meeting). The shops could put Rideau Center to shame. Knowing it would likely be my last time in Germany for a while, I picked up a soccer scarf, some post-cards, and two fridge magnets.
Then we trained back to Brussels on a German "ICE" train. We reached speeds of over 250 km/h. Luckily it was dark, as it would have been hard to look outside at those speeds given I was facing backwards.
Tomorrow is our last day of meetings, and my last full day in Brussels. I'm going to try to hit a few touristy spots, but the timing of my meetings make it difficult. I MUST pick up some chocolates at some point tomorrow, as many of you have ordered those before I left.
Again, I'll say just how tired I am, and how days are fading together. Hopefully I can snap a few pictures tomorrow to help remember my time in the beautiful Brussels.
Lastly, here's a quick shoutout to Five Finger Discount, my Thursday night Frisbee team in O-Town. Give them hell tomorrow G & Co.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You MUST be tired... You said "FRISBEE"!!!! Ack! :P
ReplyDelete