Saturday, November 7, 2009

All my bags are packed I'm ready to go...

I'm sitting in the Air Canada executive lounge at the Ottawa Int'l Airport (YOW for those of you who know your airport codes), ready to embark on the longest trip of my life. Not only have I never left North America before, I've barely been out of Canada in the last few years.

Today was hectic. Up at 8am to get into work early. At work from 10am - 2pm, getting more accomplished than it usually takes me 2 days to complete. Back home and off to get a haircut and a couple of last minute purchases at 3pm. Picked up supper so that I could eat, pack, and do my laundry at once. It took me about 2 hours to pack, which isn't too shabby. Having said that, I'm glad that only my colleague from EDC will be seeing me for more than 3 days in a row, cause I'll be wearing a lot of the same outfits over the next couple of weeks. Although my suitcase was...well...pardon the pun, but packed, there's quite a bit of paper that can be thrown (or shreaded) as the trip goes on. Also, I'm bringing my big laptop from work (currently typing on my small loner laptop from work), with the intention of sending it back to Canada with my colleague when he leaves in two weeks.

Now for the important question - will I have enough socks and underwear to last me the entire 18 days??? Well, if my mom reads this, I'm happy to report that I should be fine. If worse comes to worse, I can always pick up some in Amsterdam or Paris.

I also found myself thinking - 'can I dispose of this?' when I was packing. Consensus is that my shoes can go (don't worry Andrew, I'm talking about dress shoes), as can a few of my work shirts, and handkerchiefs.

Well, I'm going to go take advantage of the complimentary beverages and food. Air Canada sure knows how to treat their executives *haha*

No comments:

Post a Comment