"All this and nothing more
And in this world of people there's only you and I
There ain't nothing come between us in the end
How can I hold you when you ain't even mine
Only you can see me throughI leave it up to you"
Andy Gibb - Shadow Dancing (The #1 song in the US on the week of July 29, 1978)
In an hour and sixteen minutes, I'll be 31. I used to go to great lengths to keep my birthday and age a secret, but I've come to accept the aging process, and people's need to celebrate special occasions like birthdays. Plus, I think I look damn good for 31...hell, I've been carded twice in the last year, and got into a movie for the student rate!
Something a little different this year is that I'm working on my birthday. I can barely remember the last birthday on which I worked, and peg it as about 8 years ago. I was a lowly co-op student, who couldn't afford to take my birthday off.
For me, birthdays are a time of reflection. My 31st year was a great one. Being the dork I am, I'd rate my top three accomplishments as:
1. Transfering to a job I truly enjoy.
2. Opening up myself enough to be in a relationship again.
3. Making some wonderful friends.
Since I'm not officially an old foggie, I'm going to head to bed. Afterall, I have loads of foreign companies to analyze tomorrow :P Plus, I'm pretty sure my parents are coming down to take me out to supper tomorrow night. Can't wait to they hand over my new George Foreman grilled I strongly hinted they get me *lol* Here's hoping My 32nd year is as awesome as my 31st...
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment